A new article released by Le Figaro announces many new things for Miraculous Ladybug that will be occurring in the future. Below is a quick bullet point list of all the things announced. Below that are elaborations to the said bullet points. Please keep in mind, this article was originally written in French and translated into English using Google Translate. Not all translations may be accurate. And a special thanks to Saezeliae for some translation clarification.
- Seasons 4 and 5 will not be airing before September of 2020.
- Special 1 hour episodes will soon be unveiled.
- A musical (most likely live) called “Ladybug’s Birthday” will be produced in several countries in Europe (2020).
- Miraculous Ladybug will also become a Musical Film at the end of 2021.
- Miraculous Ladybug will become established in Japan, and later China, with an adaptation Manga.
- Thomas Astruc wants to use the website bayday.com to give an extension to the adventures of his heroes.
- His goal is to allow authors to upload and monetize their content there.
- The Miraculous team has written a prequel about the Youth of Gabriel Agreste.
1. Jeremy Zag has already released an Instagram post announcing that Season 4 is planned for the Fall of 2020. This new article is just backing up that statement by saying that Seasons 4 and 5 will not be airing before September 2020.
2. We heard before that they are working on some special projects set to release in 2020, one of those being a special episode set to air in 2020. Le Figaro clarifies that the specials will be 1 hour long. Le Figaro says “Special one-hour episodes will soon be unveiled.” This implies there is more than one special episode in the works. We can guess that one of these is the 1 hour New York special we have heard about. We don’t know if they plan to released more than one special in 2020 or if they are just announcing more than one. Either way, it is still great news.
3. This article also mentions a musical being produced in 2020 called “Ladybug’s Birthday.” It will be produced in several countries in Europe. The article did not mention if this musical was a live or animated musical; however, it is probably safe to assume that it is a live musical. They have also started doing live musicals in Spain, not necessarily the musical Le Figaro mentions, but it shows that they are starting to do live musicals.
4. Miraculous Ladybug will become a Musical Film at the end of 2021. This is referring to the “Ladybug & Cat Noir Awakening” movie. This animated musical has been in production for quite some time now. We have also known that it would air sometime in 2021. And now we have a more specific date; we can expect to see it towards the end of 2021.
5. Miraculous Ladybug is going to become a Manga in Japan, as well as in China. This Manga adaptation will first be established in Japan and work its way to China soon after. We currently do not have a date for when to expect to see this.
6-7. Thomas Astruc would like to use the website bayday.com to give an extension to the adventures of his heroes. He says: “All authors will be able to upload and monetize their content there. We will use this platform to create exclusive Miraculous content with comics that will tell unique stories complementary to the episodes broadcast on television. We notably wrote a prequel about the youth of Gabriel Agreste.” Based on this, it sounds like Thomas wants to make the ideal place for Miraculous Fan Fiction/Comics made by the fans. Even allowing the artists to be paid for their work. And we can assume this “prequel about the youth of Gabriel Agreste” will first appear on this website, based on the way this quote is worded.
Want to stay updated on all of the news?
This site is supported by people like you!
Running a website is not easy! (or free) We want to continue to provide you with all the latest news for Miraculous Ladybug. If we get your support that would greatly help the website stay alive. With your support, we can continue to expand and become the greatest source for Miraculous Ladybug News!
If you would like to help support this website, you can donate to our Patreon!